When disaster strikes, representatives of government agencies are often first on the scene to assess the damage and collect intelligence. Accuracy in their reporting is critical and requires a mobile solution for data gathering, photo and video documentation and precise geo-tagging of damage areas.
RunMobile DARS (Damage Assessment Reporting Solution) is a mobile emergency management application that enables users to collect, store and perform analytics on information collected after natural and man-made damages. The app, which is easily downloaded and deployed to any smartphone or tablet. provides a form-driven data collection process to ensure consistent and detailed damage reporting.
- Automates manual damage assessment typically collected in hard-copy format.
- Conforms to FEMA damage assessment template.
- Allows photo and video recording of the actual damage.
- Allows geocoding of the damaged location.
- Allows end to end automation from damage assessment to response initiation, command and control to backend supply chain initiation and analytics.
- Reduces duplicative data entry.
RunMobile DARS is available for use through an enterprise license agreement. To request a demo and see additional product features and pricing, visit www.damageassess.com.
DARS is being tested in Emergency Management disaster scenarios for the Department of Homeland Security through the Southeast Regional Research Initiative (SERRI). Read our Dec. 2012 report to SERRI.